AD LIBITUM

Uxor formosa et vinum sunt dulcia venena

Have you ever noticed? That I’m not acting as I used to do before, Have you ever wondered why I always keep on coming back for more? what have you done to me? I’ll never be the same I’ll tell you for sure !! You really are my ecstasy, my real life fantasy, Not that I’m complaining, a more beautiful vision I've never seen, if you don’t want to sing, a lifelong impression to fulfill my dream......

Tuesday 11 September 2007

9/11 National Catalan Day


Yes ! We must be masochists as we "celebrate" or should I say better that we commemorate the day we lost our FREEDOM! Maybe one day we will be free again ......for the time being we still have to ask/beg permission to play a football match to a bunch of bureaucrats or should I say fascists....







11 Setembre Diada Nacional Catalunya / 11 September, The National Day of Catalonia

On 11 September Catalonia commemorates the defeat it suffered at the hands of the Spanish troops of Felipe V of Bourbon in 1714. Catalonia, which had been a sovereign nation up to that point, lost its national rights and liberties, with its own laws abolished and Catalan language and culture banned.

After many years of darkness, in 1932, under the II Spanish Republic, Catalonia acquired a Statute of Autonomy which recovered some of its national rights. However, after the Civil War, the Franco dictatorship brought with it the toughest repression that Catalonia had ever endured, to a point that could be described as attempted cultural genocide. Thousands and thousands of people suffered retaliation and may were shot. These even included the President of the Government of Catalonia, Lluís Companys, the only European president executed under Nazism-fascism.

In 1979 the new Statute of Autonomy of Catalonia was approved, giving the country its own institutions and government, but to date a satisfactory level of self-government has still not been attained.

3 comments:

MaRiNa said...

carai quin nou look !!!

classes d'història per inglesitos?? :DD

escursó said...

Ehem....doncs Si!

Es que vosaltres ja sabeu de que va el rotllo!

;)

Metamorfosi said...

Eeeiii... molt bé Escursó!
Així m'agrada, fent país!

Petons and kisses per al meu petit Príncep! ;D

Espero que, malgrat ser lluny, també hagis tingut una bona Diada!!!